The 2024 Rolex 24 at Daytona, has already taken place! It was held on Saturday, January 27th, 2024, starting at 1:40 PM Eastern Time and running for 24 hours straight, concluding on Sunday, January 28th. The venue, as always, was the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida., at the Daytona International Speedway in Daytona Beach, Florida. This event marked the 62’nd running of the Rolex 24, a prestigious 24-hour endurance race that kicks off the IMSA WeatherTech, SportsCar Championship season.
Event Schedule and Extensive Coverage:
Experience non-stop action and excitement with the extensive schedule offered by the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Meticulously planned coverage ensures that racing enthusiasts can follow every electrifying moment. Networks like NBC, USA Network, Peacock, and IMSA.TV proficiently share the responsibility of broadcasting this extraordinary event. The race commences with NBC’s captivating coverage, while seamless transitions between networks guarantee continuous access to all the race highlights. Notably, the most thrilling final hours will be showcased on NBC, concluding this remarkable event in style.
- Driver Autograph Sessions
- Fan Walk and Garage Access
- Qualifying Races for Starting Positions
Race Day Start
- Opening Ceremony
- Grid Walk for Fans
- Green Flag: Official Start of the Rolex 24
Hourly Race Updates
- Top-of-the-hour updates on standings and team strategies
- Highlights of key overtakes and pit strategies
Night Racing Coverage
- Special focus on night-time driving techniques and challenges
- Highlighting changes in track conditions and visibility
- Coverage of the sunrise over the track, a hallmark moment
- Updates on overnight developments and team standings
Final Hours and Race Conclusion
- Intensive coverage of the last few hours, focusing on lead battles
- Live broadcast of the checkered flag and race finish
- Winner’s podium celebration
- Interviews with winning drivers and teams
Extensive Coverage Across Multiple Platforms
- NBC: Opening hours and race conclusion
- USA Network: Continuous coverage during select hours
- NBC Sports App: Additional insights and onboard camera views
- Peacock: Exclusive segments, interviews, and behind-the-scenes
- IMSA.TV: Full race live stream for international viewers
Social Media Updates
- Frequent updates on platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook
- Live reactions, fan interactions, and behind-the-scenes content
- IMSA Radio: Full race commentary and updates
- Available online and through select radio stations
Online Live Timing and Scoring
- Official IMSA website for real-time race data and statistics
- In-depth analysis of lap times, pit stops, and team strategies
- Dedicated apps for live updates, track information, and driver stats
- Interactive features like fan voting and predictions
Broadcasting Excellence and Team:
Witness the Rolex 24 at Daytona come to life through the expertise of a seasoned team of announcers and analysts. Guided by Leigh Diffey’s dynamic commentary, Brian Till, Dave Burns, Calvin Fish, and Townsend Bell offer unique insights into the race. Adding to the comprehensive coverage, Marty Snider anchors from the Peacock Pit Box, accompanied by analysts Steve Letarte, Jeff Burton, and James Hinchcliffe. Additionally, Kevin Lee, Parker Kligerman, Dillon Welch, and Hannah Newhouse report the pulse-pounding pit lane action, providing up-to-the-minute updates from the heart of the race.
Star-Studded Driver Lineup:
IndyCar Stars: The Rolex 24 frequently features top talents from the IndyCar series. Drivers like Josef Newgarden and Scott Dixon are known to participate, bringing their high-speed oval and road course racing skills to the endurance racing arena. Their adaptability and experience in intense racing conditions make them formidable competitors.
Formula One Veterans: The event often sees participation from former Formula One drivers, adding an international flair. Names like Fernando Alonso, who has participated in the past, and Jenson Button bring with them a wealth of experience from the pinnacle of open-wheel racing. Their presence not only elevates the competition but also draws fans from the F1 world.
NASCAR Champions: NASCAR drivers, known for their prowess on oval tracks, often join the fray, showcasing their versatility. Jimmie Johnson, a multiple-time NASCAR Cup Series champion, has been a regular participant, demonstrating his adaptability and competitiveness in a different racing format.
Endurance Racing Specialists: The race also features seasoned endurance racers who have honed their skills in events like the Le Mans 24 Hours and the World Endurance Championship. Their expertise in long-duration racing, night driving, and strategy plays a crucial role in the teams they join.
International Stars and Rookies: Each year, the event also attracts a mix of international stars and rookies making their debut in endurance racing. This blend of experience and new talent adds an unpredictable and exciting element to the race.
Celebrity Appearances: Occasionally, the Rolex 24 at Daytona sees participation from celebrities with a passion for racing. Actors, musicians, and sports stars who are also skilled drivers often join professional teams, adding a unique aspect to the event.