The stage is set for a monumental showdown in college football as the Michigan Wolverines prepare to face off against the Washington Huskies in the NCAA 2024 National Championship. This eagerly awaited battle is scheduled for Monday, January 8, at the renowned NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas, with the kickoff at 19:30 ET/16:30 PT.
The Wolverines’ journey to the championship has been marked by resilience and determination, culminating in a nail-biting 27-20 overtime victory against No. 4 Alabama in the Rose Bowl semifinal. This win demonstrated Michigan’s grit and secured their first historic College Football Playoff (CFP) victory. Quarterback JJ McCarthy’s remarkable four-touchdown performance in that game has been a highlight of their season, propelling them into the spotlight and setting the stage for what promises to be an unforgettable championship game.
CFP National Championship 2024 Date, Start Time, Team and Live Stream
Here’s an updated table with detailed information about the 2024 CFP National Championship:
|CFP National Championship 2024
|Monday, January 8, 2024
|7:30 p.m. ET
|No. 1 Michigan Wolverines vs. No. 2 Washington Huskies
|ESPN, ESPN.com, and the ESPN app
|Not specified, but the event will feature AT&T Playoff Playlist Live! with performances by various artists like KIDZ BOP, Jack Harlow, Latto, Paul Russell, Jon Pardi, Jake Owen, and Megan Moroney over the weekend leading to the game.
|Tickets available at collegefootballplayoff.com. Options include premier seats, all-inclusive game day hospitality, exclusive event access, and suites with in-suite catering, parking, pregame hospitality, and concierge service.
While specific details about the halftime show are not provided, the AT&T Playoff Playlist Live! The event will create a musical ambiance for the championship weekend. It’s advisable to check the official website for the latest information and updates.
CFP National Championship 2024 Team Details
The Michigan Wolverines have had a spectacular season, navigating an undefeated regular season, clinching a Big Ten Championship, and securing the top seed for the playoffs. Their journey to the championship was highlighted by a thrilling 27-20 overtime victory over No. 4 Alabama in the Rose Bowl semifinal. The Wolverines’ resilience was on full display in this match, with quarterback JJ McCarthy delivering a stellar four-touchdown performance, marking a historic College Football Playoff (CFP) victory, the first in the program’s history.
Key players for the Wolverines include:
- JJ McCarthy: The quarterback has been instrumental in Michigan’s success this season. His performance in the Rose Bowl semifinal was particularly noteworthy.
- Jadyn Davis: An early enrollee for the Wolverines’ 2024 recruiting cycle, Davis is considered a potential future quarterback for the team.
- Brady Prieskorn: An early enrollee and a tight end, Prieskorn is ranked No. 123 overall and No. 11 TE.
- Blake Frazier: An offensive lineman, Frazier is ranked No. 168 overall and No. 13 OT.
The Washington Huskies, led by Coach Kalen DeBoer, have had a flawless 14-0 season record, including a perfect 9-0 mark in the final Pac-12 season. Their season was highlighted by a commanding 37-31 win over No. 3 Texas in the Sugar Bowl, which propelled them to the championship game. Quarterback Michael Penix Jr.’s impressive 430 yards and two touchdowns in this game underscored the offensive prowess that has defined the Huskies’ success.
Key players for the Huskies include:
- Michael Penix Jr.: The quarterback has been a key figure in the Huskies’ success, with his performance in the Sugar Bowl being a standout.
- Faatui Tuitele: An experienced defender, Tuitele is expected to be a disruptive player for the Huskies.
- Roger Rosengarten: A two-year starter and All-Pac-12 honorable-mention selection, Rosengarten is expected to return as a left tackle.
- Nate Kalepo: At both guard spots, the 6-foot-6, 327-pound Kalepo has started 16 games for DeBoer’s staff over two seasons.
FAQ: CFP National Championship 2024
When is the 2024 CFP National Championship?
- It’s scheduled for Monday, January 8, 2024.
What time does the game start?
- The game starts at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
Where will the championship be held?
- NRG Stadium in Houston, Texas.
Which teams are playing?
- The Michigan Wolverines and the Washington Huskies.
How can I watch the game?
- It will be broadcast on ESPN and streamed on ESPN.com and the ESPN app.
Are tickets still available?
- For ticket availability and purchasing, visit collegefootballplayoff.com.
Will there be any special events during the championship weekend?
- Yes, events like AT&T Playoff Playlist Live! and the Taste of the Championship are planned.
Is there a halftime show?
- Specific details about the halftime show aren’t provided, but various musical performances are scheduled throughout the championship weekend.